To foster the development of an empowered, inclusive society.
WHO WE ARE
The Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation is an independent non-profit organisation that greatly improves lives by creating opportunities through education and enterprise development.
The Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation was formerly known as the Shanduka Foundation, which was established in 2004 by the Shanduka Group and its founder, Cyril Ramaphosa.
In 2015, the foundation changed its name to Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation and became an independent organisation.
The Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation remains a partner of choice for social change through the Adopt-a-School Foundation, Kagiso Shanduka Trust, Thari Programme, Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust and Black Umbrellas.
Over the 13 years of its existence, the Foundation has had a meaningful impact on the economic and social development of South Africa. Together with its partners, it continues to make a tremendous difference in the lives and circumstances of many underprivileged individuals.
VISION, VALUES, OBJECTIVES
We aspire to be a leading, innovative and effective change agent in social and economic development, with a focus on improving the lives of those in the communities we serve.
- Our aim is to be a leading organisation when it comes to contributing to the developmental needs of education, small business growth and social cohesion.
- To continue building and promoting effective models for development that can easily be used and shared.
- To establish and maintain a positive reputation as a partner of choice in development and a catalyst for change.
- To advance our founder’s values of social cohesion and nation building.
- Develop and maintain funding models that will ensure the long term sustainability and optimal impact of our work.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
- We develop and pilot programmes that respond to global development objectives and the national domestic product (NDP).
- We execute vibrant and dynamic programmes that will keep the Foundation relevant for generations to come.
- We have a pioneering spirit that sees us through difficult circumstances/situations.
- We consistently deliver cost-effective and quality products that respond to needs of stakeholders.
- We collaborate and maintain valuable relationships with others, guided by our strong values and culture.
Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation Trustees
Chairperson, Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation and Deputy President of South Africa
Executive Chairperson, Sigma Capital
DR JAMES MOTLATSI
Chief Executive Officer, Teba Limited
Chief Executive Officer, Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation
Managing Director, Themba Infrastructure Projects
CEO, Alpha Investment Holdings